Tips & FAQs
Can I try the clothes on?
Absolutely! We are an online business and we also have a fabulous maternity shop in Balmain (Sydney, Australia) which is open Monday - Friday, 10.00am - 4.30pm and Saturday, 9.00am - 5.00pm AEST. You can contact our team on 0422 466 664 (intl. +614 2246 6664).
Where is the Shop? When is it open?
The Angelbub Maternity Wear store is located at Shop 9, 269 Darling St, Balmain NSW 2041. We are open Monday - Friday, 10.00am - 4.30pm and Saturday, 9.00am - 5.00pm AEST. If you would like to schedule a time to have a try on session, give us a call on 0422 466 664 (intl. +614 2246 6664).
When should I start wearing maternity clothes?
Slender or petite women may notice their bump much earlier than those who have curves and tummies. If you’re usually slim you may need maternity clothes - especially pants - fairly early in your pregnancy. Most maternity clothes these days are designed to look very ‘normal’ and can be worn from the very early stages. It’s up to you how early you want to enjoy the comfort of maternity clothes. Once you've tried them, you’ll wonder why you waited!
Will I wear the same size as before?
Yes, most likely. If you are usually a size 12, you will start with 12’s. Sizes may vary between brands, as in regular clothes. On our shopping facility, we indicate if things are ‘smaller fit’ ‘generous fit’ etc. If you’ve put on a fair amount of extra weight on your breasts, hips and/or buttocks, as many of us do, you may need to try a larger size. Your bra cup size may increase quite a lot. We are happy to provide measurements for any of our garments upon your request. We also suggest you allow extra room for garments without any elastine in the fabric (eg 100% cotton or silk)
How big will I get?
Much bigger than you ever imagine, at least in your first pregnancy! In your subsequent pregnancies, your tummy usually pops out much earlier in the pregnancy. You may even be bigger in the last few months than in your first pregnancy. If it’s a multiple birth... well, it’s a miracle how more than one fits in there!
Why can't I just wear 'normal' clothes in a bigger size or 'babydoll' tops and dresses?
You can try. It's your choice, but bear in mind the following:
- larger size garment width may be too wide across your shoulders
- pants may be too low in the crotch if pants are a size too big for you
- your ribcage can expand by up to 10cm during your pregnancy, so...
- if you purchase non-maternity 'babydoll' styles, they need to have plenty of stretch under the bust. If they have an underbust seam that doesn't stretch, you might find the garment too tight when your ribs expand
- maternity clothes are designed to accommodate the changes in your body shape by expanding in all the right places and providing comfort the whole way through your pregnancy. You might also appreciate them after giving birth, while your body is returning to it's pre-pregnancy shape.
- surrender to your new shape... your body really does know what it’s doing
- ‘stock take’ your wardrobe
- isolate and hide away any clothes that no longer fit you
- assess what’s missing and replace with a maternity version of your essentials
- purchase what you need when you need it
- avoid buying for your whole pregnancy in one go
- if you are watching your budget, choose items that you can wear after your baby is born, eg maternity tops that are also breastfeeding tops, jeans and other pants that will adjust back to 'normal' sizes
- ask your girlfriends / sisters / colleagues which items they most loved in their maternity wardrobe
- ask them which items would they definitely buy if they did it all over again, and when would they buy them?
- if you’re planning to breastfeed, ask breastfeeding mums the same questions
How do I know the clothes will look the same in person as they do on my computer screen?
At Angelbub Maternity Wear, we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the photos on our site. However, please note that colours can vary slightly from computer monitor to computer monitor. We know buying clothes online is tricky. So we have a generous return and exchange policy, and we try to be very honest in our descriptions. If you ever have a question, just call or email us!
How to order
How do I place an order?
- Online Ordering: simply shop online 24 hours a day at www.angelbub.com.au which is fully equipped with easy-to-use secure shopping cart facilities.
- By Email: simply email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Phone: 0422 466 664 (intl. +614 2246 6664) we can assist with any queries you may have!
How do I know if my item is in-stock?
All items on the Angelbub Maternity Wear website are IN STOCK items which can be dispatched immediately from our Sydney boutique. If by chance we do not have an item in stock that you've ordered, you will be contacted via email or by phone. Any items which are on back order will require an additional 3 working days for dispatch.
How do I know if my order has been placed?
When you send in your order, you will receive an email confirmation from us. The email will have an order reference number. You can check the status of your order online by logging in to your Account. All orders will be processed and dispatched upon receipt of payment.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept payments from our customers through the following methods:
- Cheque/Money Order (in Australian Dollars)
All cheque payments are to be made out to "Angelbub" and sent to:
PO Box 1329
Lane Cove NSW 1595
As soon as the cheque clears we will despatch your order(s).
- Credit Card (in Australian Dollars)
Make payments online with your credit card or PayPal account. We accept all major credit cards. Upon checkout, simply select the option to pay using our secure credit card payment method or Paypal. Secure credit card payments are processed through internationally accredited payment processing agent E-Way via St George Merchant Facilities. The Paypal option will be redirected to a secure-server PayPal page where you can choose to either enter your credit card information as a guest or log into your PayPal account. You will then be prompted to confirm or cancel the transaction. When a transaction is successful, we will then provide you with an electronic receipt.
ONLINE SHOP RETURNS POLICY
Your responsibility as a consumer is to read and understand the following Angelbub Maternity Wear Returns Policy. Information on how to return an item, including details on postage and refunds, is provided below.
Returning an Item
We want you to be satisfied with the clothing you buy from us, and we are happy to offer you a refund, store credit coupon or exchange for products that do not live up to your expectations or standards. All ongoing, non-seasonal basics and items for which you have paid full price are returnable, exchangeable or refundable. All SALE items are returnable, but not refundable (you will instead be issued an online store credit coupon for use on your next purchase).
We advise you to try the items on when you receive them so that you may return them if they are not suitable. When you return an item to us, you must leave any tags or labels attached so that it is in ‘as new’ or saleable condition upon return.
We do not accept returns on an item that has been worn, washed, soiled or altered. If it has been removed from its original packaging, or if any labels or tags have been removed, please tell us of its condition before you return it. The only exception to this is if there is a manufacturing defect that only became obvious after you wore, washed or altered the item (read on for notes about Defective Items).
Time Limit for Returns
We ask that you return items within 14 days of original purchase date on your invoice. 21 days for international orders.
An $8 Postage and Handling surcharge is payable for any garments returned for refund where the original purchase attracted the Free Postage offer. The surcharge will be deducted from the original payment amount and is payable once per invoice. All replacement requests attract a flat rate $6 postage fee.
Defective products are those that are faulty when you receive them due to some circumstance out of your control. Normal ‘wear and tear’ (such as pilling, rubbing or stretching) that occurs while the item is your possession does not mean that a product is defective. If you believe the goods are defective, we may need to send the goods back to the manufacturer to determine whether you are eligible for a refund, exchange or repair.
We do not offer anything for sale through our website that we know or believe to be faulty.
We do not accept returns or exchanges on hosiery or underwear for hygiene reasons, except if you believe they are significantly different from their description or sample image, or they are found to be defective.
Exchanges and Returns Procedure
Please complete the returns form provided, return the item/s in original condition and all tags attached within 14 days of invoice date along with a copy of the invoice to:
PO Box 1329
Lane Cove NSW 1595
The shop is open Monday - Friday, 10.00am - 4.30pm and Saturday, 9.00am - 5.00pm AEST. Please give us a call and let us know if you would like to come and visit.
If you have a specific question that we haven’t answered here, please phone our team on 0422 466 664 (intl. +614 2246 6664) or email us at email@example.com so we can assist you.